We are busy finalizing all of the details for the 2014 sale! Check out the historical resources below to help you start putting together your plan. Here are some highlights for 2014 so far:
- Great merchandise mix. 10 items at $25 or less, with a lower overall average price this year. Click here to view.
- Training meetings every month this Spring - Stop by for one of our informal events to learn more
- Lower threshold for the $600 Sellers Club (Was $700 last year)
- New Incentive for the "elite" sellers: The Prize Vault. Instead of just four top sellers any Scout who sells $3,000 gets to pick his choice from the prize vault (I-pad mini, PS4, Week at Camp, Camping Equip package, etc.)
- Trampoline Party for $750 Sellers
- Rock Climbing PArty for $1,500 Sellers
- 35% Commission for units
Scroll Down for Resources
Narragansett Council and Trail’s End Popcorn provide an amazing opportunity to help our Scouts pay their own way in the Scouting program and support Council-wide activities.
In 2013, our Popcorn Sale provided:
- Over $300,000 for individual Scouting units and Council programs
- $16,000 in delicious Trail’s End Popcorn products for our service men and women at home and abroad through the military donation program
- Over $179,000 in Campership Aid to families in towns all across our Council
- Valuable life lessons in communications, planning, organization, and math to our Scouts
- Helped provide program and facilites support for our 8 world-class camps across Southeastern New England
Additionally, popcorn proceeds help make it possible for Narragansett Council Scouts to experience the thrills of high adventure through life-changing experiences such as:
- 50 Miler Backpacking Treks
- BSA's National Jamboree
- Philmont Scout Reservation
- National Youth Leader Training
- Widlerness Adventure Trips
Some other important features of the Popcorn sale include:
- High Commissions - 35% of the proceeds of your sales go directly to your unit.
- No out of Pocket Expenses for Unit - Popcorn is distributed to your unit and you collect the money from the orders before you pay the Council for the popcorn. No waiting for the profits – you keep them when you collect for the orders
- No Risk – If you don’t sell all of your Popcorn the Council will take it back, no questions asked, no penalties.
- You have a Support Team - The Narragansett Council is committed to making this campaign successful for everyone involved with your unit. The volunteer and professional support system is readily available to assist you with the tools you need to reach your goals.
- High Quality Products. Trail’s End popcorn is part of the Weaver Popcorn Company (established in 1928), which is one of the world’s largest popcorn producers. They are committed to customer satisfaction and the success of your individual unit campaign.
- Cool Prizes. The Council funds a prize program so that sends you prizes based on the level that the boy achieves. The Council also funds Council-wide events and incentives to help motivate, excite, and reward the Scouts.
- Proven Winner. The Popcorn sale has a long history of success in towns all across our Council, and the Country.
- Experience – With over 30 years of experience, Trails End has the highest profit return of any fundraiser.
- One and Done - Thousands of packs and troops fund their entire year of program through the only sale