Narragansett Council On-line Charter Renewal
All Packs, Troops, Crews, Ships, and Posts are required to recharter on-line. On-line rechartering is the best method to help insure that the information you provide is accurate and current. On-line rechartering can be done from the convenience of your home or office. It’s secure and easy-to-use.
The online recharter system can be accessed at https://scoutnet.scouting.org/ucrs/UI/home/default.aspx (For an Explorer Post visit http://www.exploring.org/)
Interactive On-line Recharter Tutorial
Why is Rechartering On Time Important
How to Recharter On-Line (Youtube Video – to come)
What is a Properly Filled Out Youth Application
What is a Properly Filled out Adult Application
What is a Properly Filled out Charter Agreement
Charter Renewal Fees:
Annual Charter Fee - $40 per unit
Membership fee- $24 per youth/adult
Boy’s Life- $12 per subscription (optional)
Please Note: All recharters must be completed by the 15th of the month. Re-charters are legal documents that must be submitted on time. Units risk liability exposure if there re-charters are not submitted on time and additionally cannot receive advancement or participate in council or service area activities. Most individuals do not realize that they can begin work and submit on their re-charters 45 to 60 days before the units actual due date. Example: Pack 2’s re-charter is due February 15. They completed all their re-charter work in January and submit it before Feb. 15 insuring that their re-charter is submitted on time and correct.
Youth Protection. Narragansett Council requires that all adults must have a valid Youth Protection Training certificate for the full charter year.
In your charter renewal packet you will receive YPT aging report that will show you who is not YP Trained and whose training will be expiring. You will need to review the roster and inform individuals that they will need to take YP Training if their YPT is set to expire during the new charter year. Direct them to my.scouting.org web site and have them complete the training and give you a copy of the certificate of competition to turn it with your re-charter paperwork.
-Supported browsers are: Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11.
-It is highly recommended that you go through the tutorial (Make hyperlink). It only takes a few minutes & will be very helpful.
-Minimum required adult registrants per unit:
Cub Scout Pack
-Charter Org. Rep
Boy Scout Troop
-Charter Org. Rep
-Charter Org. Rep
Sea Scout Ship
-Charter Org. Rep
*Executive Officer is not required to complete an adult application or YPT if their only role is Executive Officer
**Executive Officer and Charter Org Rep can be the same person.
**Executive Officer/Charter Org Rep are the only people that can hold 2 registered roles in a unit (i.e. one person can be Executive Officer, Charter Org. Rep and Committee Chair)
Here’s how to get started (also see the How to Recharter On-Line Video):
- Determine the adult who will be responsible for renewing your charter.
- Go to: https://scoutnet.scouting.org/ucrs/UI/home/default.aspx
- Select First-Time User (even if you used internet rechartering last year) & enter the unit’s recharter access code. Access codes are available in your recharter packet, or from your Service Area Executive, and they change every year.
- Select the unit type & enter the unit #. (include all 4 digits, ex. 0001)
- Create a password as instructed. Do not confuse the password for the access code.
- Complete the information requested on each screen.
- Update your member’s address and email addrerss.
- Add new youth and adult members.
- At the “Update Fee” Stage of the process, you may select Boy’s Life subscriptions and choose if a member is registering as a “multiple” (paid in another unit).
- When you’ve completed all the information to recharter the unit, click the “Submit” button.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which will include the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Keep all pages together even if page 1 is blank. Do not turn in a draft copy– DRAFT COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Collect all applications for members transferring to your unit and for any NEW scouts or adults not listed on your current re-charter. All new adults must have their youth protection certificate attached to their adult application. Check applications using the New Application Checklist.
- Acquire the appropriate signatures on the Charter Renewal Report, Charter Agreement and any youth or adult applications. (The Service Area Executive will sign everything once it is submitted)
- Charter Renewal Report signed by: Charter Org Rep and Unit Leader
- Charter Agreement signed by: Executive Officer and Charter Org Rep
- Adult Applications signed by: Applicant, Committee Chair, and Charter Org Rep
- Youth Applications signed by: Parent/Guardian and Unit Leader
- Collect all required fees: $40 Annual Charter Fee, $24 per youth and adult fee, $12 per youth or adult for Boys Life (optional).
- Double check that you have everything completed using the Charter Renewal Checklist.Take the entire packet along with new applications and payment to the council office or to the Charter Turn-in Roundtable.
Special Notes for Explorer Posts:
- Go to http://www.exploring.org/
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to Exploring Resources, forms then click on Exploring Post Renewal.
- Create an account (if you do not already have one) – you will need your member id number to access the online rechartering
- New Youth and Adult members must complete an application and must have the executive officer and the Explorer Post Advisor’s signature in the appropriate places. Youth Protection Training is required for ALL adult volunteers every 2 years. The training can be taken online at https://lfl.myparticipation.org/
If you have any questions – please email/call your Unit Commissioner or call (401) 351-8700